India is a country of historical interest and if you want to make a trip there, the train will be the best way to travel. The train journey will give you a happy, safe and exciting feeling that you have never. It’s the easiest way to make a journey from Dhaka to Kolkata Train comfortably. For making a happy journey, all kinds of information about Dhaka to Kolkata train schedule, Dhaka to Kolkata train ticket price, buy train ticket online bd are described here.
Dhaka to Kolkata Trains:
There are two expresses for traveling Dhaka to Kolkata by train. They are-
- Maitree Express
- Bandhan Express
Nowadays, for being the cheap cost and safe journey, people are more interested to go Dhaka to Kolkata by train rather than plane. Maitree Express is the first international train between Dhaka to Kolkata which was inaugurated in 2008. By the name of the express, we can understand that it’s the symbol of friendship between these two countries.
Dhaka to Kolkata Train Schedule (Maitree Express):
- This express starts at Dhaka Cantonment Station at 8.10 am (bd time) and arrives at Kolkata at 4.00 pm (India time) and the ticket can be purchased from Kamlapur Rail station only. The service is available on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- It starts from Kolkata at Chittapur Station at 7.10 am (India time) and arrives at Dhaka at 4.05 pm (bd time). The service is available on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Dhaka to Kolkata Train Ticket Price (Maitree Express):
- AC First Class Cabin: In total, the price per ticket is 3,435 taka including the rent rate 2,935 taka travel tax 500 taka.
- AC Chair: In total, the ticket price is 2,455 taka including rent rate 1,955 taka and travel tax 500 taka.
The second International train between Bangladesh and India for going Dhaka to Kolkata was inaugurated on 16th November 2017 which is a luxurious train with a full air condition system.
Train Schedule of Bandhan Express:
- It starts from Kolkata at 7.10 am (India time) and reaches at Khulna at 1.20 pm (bd time). As it is a weekly service which is available every Thursday.
- It starts at Khulna at 12.00 pm (bd time) and arrives at Kolkata at 6.10 pm (India time).
- It starts from Benapole at 10.15 am (bd time) and arrives at Kolkata at 4.20 pm (India time).
Dhaka to Kolkata Ticket Price (Bandhan Express):
You will have a relatively comfortable seating system with a cheap cost for traveling Kolkata in Bandhan Express. And for this reason, you have to come to Khulna or Benapole first and from here you can start your journey.
- AC seat: In total, the price per ticket is 1,970 taka including rent rate 1470 taka and travel tax 500 taka.
- AC Chair: In total, the price per ticket is 14,80 taka including rent rate 980 taka and travel tax 500 taka.
Buy Train Ticket Online bd:
- At first, you need to visit the official of Bangladesh Railway and then you have to sign up on their website.
- After entering the name, address, email, password, you have to click the Register button for going the next step.
- After being confirmed your email, you can enter the website by sign in.
- Then you have to give travel details, check the price of the ticket, buy the ticket and you have to enter the card credential for buying the ticket.
- Finally, you have to confirm about purchasing tickets, then print it and collect the main ticket from the station.
At last, we can say that for having a cheerful train journey you have to know the detail information about the travel system and this article will be very essential to you for making a clear conception. Happy journey.